Do you want to help our charitable housing association deliver its purpose and provide an excellent service to our tenants? Put your brilliant organisational and administrative skills to use by applying to join our team.
Cirencester Housing is delighted to be recruiting for a part-time GOVERNANCE & EXECUTIVE SUPPORT ADMINISTRATOR to join our small, friendly and dedicated team.
Our ideal candidate will work Mondays, with remaining working hours agreed with the CEO in a flexible manner.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing governance and regulatory compliance support
- Providing our Chief Executive with executive assistance and project administration support
- Manage the office including health and safety, supplies, company calendars, providing support to colleagues to ensure that together, we deliver an excellent customer service
- Developing and maintaining our external communication channels to ensuring continuity of brand and timeliness of messages and public relations.
Flexibility is essential, as you will be required to work some evenings throughout the year when Board and Audit Committee meetings are held. With sufficient notice and consideration for business needs, you may be requested to work additional hours/days when necessary. You may also flexibly request a change in your schedule to suit your personal needs, should you wish it.
This is a great opportunity to work as part of a fantastic team in the beautiful town of Cirencester.
You will have:
- Experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of, or willingness to learn about, governance requirements is essential
- Proven IT, literacy and numeracy skills with strong knowledge of MS Office applications
- Fantastic organisation, communication and customer service skills
- A strong ability to prioritise workloads and anticipate support requirements
- Highly capable at working accurately and effectively under pressure
- Report writing and creative writing skills
You will enjoy working in a role where you make a difference, where you can use your skills to ensure the delivery of efficient services to our clients.
You will be motivated by working in a role where you can demonstrate your solutions focused, organised and proactive approach to your work, in an environment where new ideas to improve service delivery or efficiency are welcomed.
You will be • Trustworthy and confidential • Passionate and committed • Empathetic, calm and patient • Respectful • Reliable • Professional • Committed to excellence in customer service • Committed to equality, diversity and inclusion • Confident in dealing with people.
The recruitment for this role is being handled by Plain Sailing Motivation, our HR partners. Please contact them at email@example.com to request the role information pack.
£28,000 pa FTE, Part-time (20 to 24 hours a week with flexible working)
Closing date: 24th September 2019, 9am